Westside Community Church is an independant, non-denominational, elder-led church. We believe and teach the
historic Christian faith; what Jesus Christ, the Apostles and the Bible teach.
Salvation is by God's grace alone, through our faith alone, in Christ Jesus alone, as revealed in Scripture
alone, for God's glory alone.
"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."
(Ephesians 2:8-9) Genuine faith is demonstrated by submission to God, obedience to His commands recorded in the Bible, and love towards God and other
"There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father
of all who is over all and through all and in all." (Ephesians 4:4-6)
- One God who has revealed Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; unchanging, eternal, holy, righteous, just, good, loving, merciful, all-knowing, all-powerful,
all-wise, compassionate, patient, and so much more.
- One Bible that is a direct revelation from God; complete, without error or omission. Written by over forty different men through many centuries, God reveals His nature, His purposes, His power, His great love for us, His provision for our sin, and His
will for us. It tells us what is right, what is wrong, and how God will remove the curse of sin from this creation in a new heaven and new earth. The Bible is literally 'God
- One Gospel for all people, regardless of age, ethnicity, race, gender, culture, class or caste, financial, social or political status. Jesus died for all sinners
so we could enter heaven. Each person must admit their guilt and personally trust Jesus. He is the only way we can be made righteous. No one is able to stand in the presence of God apart from Jesus.
No one is born a Christian, or saved by anything they've done (good works, a ritual or ceremony, etc.). "There is none righteous, not even one; there is none who understands, there is none who seeks
for God; all have turned aside, together they have become useless; there is none who does good there is not even one." Romans 3:9-12.
- One Savior, The Word made flesh, the Christ, the Son of the living God, the Holy One of Israel, the Lamb of God was conceived in the virgin Mary by the
Holy Spirit. It is in His name (Jesus) alone that we find forgiveness with God, because He died on the cross and was punished in our place. "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to
become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." John
- One Great High Priest, one mediator, Jesus Christ is the only intercessor between God and mankind. Hebrews 4:14; 1 Timothy 2:5.
- One Baptism, whereby the Holy Spirit places us into the Church, the body of Christ. It occurs at
the moment we are born again. "For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one
Spirit." 1 Corinthians 12:13
- One Church, not a building or organization, but the body of Christ is made up of all those who have truly believed in Jesus, since
the day of Pentecost (Acts 2) until we are called home in death or in the Rapture.
- One future, Jesus will return bodily to reign on the earth for 1,000 years. When Satan is released for the last rebellion of Man, Jesus will cast all who
oppose and rejected Him into the lake of fire forever. There will be a new heaven and a new earth, free of sin forever, filled with God's glory!