Westside Community Church believe what Jesus Christ, the Apostles and the Bible teach. Salvation is by God's grace alone, through our faith alone, in
Christ Jesus alone, as revealed in Scripture alone, for God's glory alone. "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not
of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
- God: He has revealed Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; eternal, holy, righteous, just, good, loving and merciful.
- Bible: It is complete, without error or omission; a direct revelation from God to us through over forty different men. In it He reveals His nature,
His purposes, His power, His great love for us, His provision for our sin, and His will for us. It tells us what is right, what is wrong, how to get right and how to stay right (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
The Bible is literally 'God breathed.'
- Gospel: Jesus died for everyone; regardless of age, ethnicity, race, gender, culture, class or caste, financial, social or political status. All sinners
need a savior to enter heaven; and we are all sinners! To enter heaven each of us must receive Jesus personally. He is the only way we are made righteous. No one is born a christian, or saved by
something they've done (good works, a ritual or ceremony). "There is none righteous, not even one; there is none who understands, there is none who seeks for God; all have turned aside, together they
have become useless; there is none who does good there is not even one." Romans 3:9-12.
- Savior: The Word, the Christ, the Lamb of God, the Holy One of Israel, was conceived in the virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit. It is in His name
(Jesus) alone that we find forgiveness with God, because He died on the cross and was punished in our place. "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God,
even to those who believe in His name, who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." John 1:12-13.
- Mediator: Jesus Christ is the only intercessor between God and humanity. He is our Great High Priest. Hebrews 4:14; 1 Timothy 2:5.
- Baptism: "For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were
all made to drink of one Spirit." 1 Corinthians 12:13
- Church: The body of Christ is made up of all those who have truly believed in Jesus, since the day of Pentecost (Acts 2). See Ephesians 4:4-6.
Genuine faith is marked by submission to God, obedience to His commands (in the Bible), and love towards God and other people.