Westside Community Church was founded to proclaim
that Christ died for our sins and restored our broken relationship with the Father. We believe there is only one:
- God. He has revealed Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; eternal, holy, righteous, just, good, loving and
- Bible. It is complete, without error or omission; a direct revelation from God to us through over forty different men. In it He reveals
His nature, His purposes, His power, His great love for us, His provision for our sin, and His will for us. It tells us what is right, what is wrong, how to get right and how to stay right (2
Timothy 3:16-17). The Bible is literally 'God breathed.'
- Gospel. Jesus died for everyone; regardless of age, ethnicity, race, gender, culture, class or caste, financial, social or political status.
All sinners need a savior to enter heaven; and we are all sinners! To enter heaven each of us must receive Jesus personally. He is the only way we are made righteous. No one is born a christian, or
saved by something they've done (good works, a ritual or ceremony). "There is none righteous, not even one; there is none who understands, there is none who seeks for God; all have turned aside,
together they have become useless; there is none who does good there is not even one." Romans 3:9-12.
- Savior. The Word, the Christ, the Lamb of God, the Holy One of Israel, was conceived in the virgin Mary by the Holy Spirt. It is in His
name (Jesus) alone that we find forgiveness with God, because He died on the cross and was punished in our place. "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God,
even to those who believe in His name, who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." John 1:12-13
- Church. The body of Christ is made up of all those who have truly believed in Jesus, since the day of Pentecost (Acts 2). See Ephesians 4:4-6.
Genuine faith is marked by submission to God, obedience to His commands (in the Bible), and love towards God and other people.